From my previous post, I decided to look into what else could be causing Kanye to go into debt. Here are the top 5 investments that could have been done at a lower cost:
- Kim’s Engagement Ring – Kanye popped the question back in Oct. 2013. According to E! News, celebrity jewelry designer, Michael O’Connor and Lorraine Schwartz estimate the ring cost around $2 to $3 million.
2. Kim’s Surprise Birthday Party – Kanye threw Kim a surprise party renting out a movie theater, Cinépolis Luxury Cinemas to see Steve Jobs. It was a pregnant birthday party where many people pretended to also be pregnant. The theater is known as the best luxury cinemas in California. This party was estimated to be than $5,000.
Being a celebrity you can spend whatever you want, but you can always bring it down a notch and save money. Ever think of that Kanye?
This next investment shocked me.
3. Kanye’s Hair Cuts – Kanye is very particular about his hair, maybe a little too particular. Kanye gets it cut every day but it doesn’t come at a low cost like what most people would pay for. Rhianna’s father, Ronald Fenty, was on tour with Kanye back in 2010 says in an interview that Kanye spends $500 every day to get his haircut. If he does that every day he is spending around $182,500 a year on just hair cuts! What is there to cut after a day?
4. Yeezy Clothing Line – From my last post you can see that Yeezy clothing line is not going too well. As it is seen and known to look like a homeless person’s clothing line and yet Kanye still keeps investing. The clothing line has put him $16 million in debt since last year.
5. Fashion Show – Just a few weeks ago Kanye held a fashion show in Madison Square Garden for his clothing line. It is reported that Kanye spent close to $2 million.
How about changing your habits Kanye? Clearly, you need to stop spending money like it’s nothing.